Valentine’s Day is approaching. We immediately think of hearts, chocolates, flowers, and, couples. But how does the person who has no partner celebrate the day of love?First of all, we must keep in mind that love is not an exclusive matter of couples, as commercially projected. There’s all kinds of love: love for your family, children, friends, love for yourself and for life, just to name a few. So don’t say: “I’m not going to celebrate San Valentine’s Day because I’m alone”. Once you learn, enjoying your own company is sensational. Actually, you can celebrate and enjoy Valentine’s Day in the same way if we were accompanied, the secret is to appreciate our own company. Let’s not forget to celebrate those around us and most importantly ourselves.
Ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day even when you don’t have a partner:
1. Go to the movies or enjoy a good movie at home
2. Treat yourself, go shopping! Get yourself something you’ve always wanted.
3. Visit a new restaurant! Try new cuisines and experiment with yourself if you’re feeling a little risky.
4. Share quality time with those friends you have not seen in a long time. I think friendships are essential in Valentine’s Day. Take a few minutes to reconnect and reach out to old friends or the ones you simply haven’t seen in a while.
5. Call your family and friends. We should always express our love but on this special day make a call, send a voice message, or even just a text to those who mean the world to you. Those who you love deeply and even the ones you’re not so close to but love. Having a catch up or hearing from them, it’ll be a warm feeling. It’s a small act of kindness, to think about others.
6. Calling all coffee lovers! Visit a coffee shop, the atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing. There is just something about coffee shops, alone or in company, your soul will be grateful for this time away. In this environment you can: draw, write, study, read a book, look around, make friends, and many other settle back activities. Enjoy it! Have a snack too!
7. Travel! Imagine being all excited because your going to a new destination. Yes! Go out and buy that plane ticket to where you’ve always wanted to visit. A new adventure is waiting for you, even if that’s just around the corner. Visit that place around town you’ve never been to. Good times and new experiences are never enough. You only live once!
8. Enjoy your favorite wine while watching a movie or reading a book. Wine lovers, sit back and chill a nice evening in. However you’re feeling, wine is definitely a go-to. Place yourself in the most scenery and make the most of it. Make it your moment.
Tell me how you plan to celebrate.
Enjoy the day!